Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hand Painted Monograms now in Subtle Color



I've recently taken the idea of a hand painted monogram a little further with the addition of color. These are turning out lovely and there is more experimentation I'd like to consider doing - mainly with the looser application of color.


These are pretty tight and delicate. I love them, but want to splatter the paint a little and treat the fabric as less precious. The direction will be in the example of the Bill & Tracey painted monogram you see below.



We buy practice paper for calligraphy experiments- why not treat fabric the same way? I can't buy a pad of fabric - so instead pick up linens at the thrift store to practice on. It's a great reuse and give me permission to play, with little expense. :)


No comments: