Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bookbinding Class Praise


Anne Elser Bookbinding Classes:

"I recently participated in Anne Elser’s Bookmaking II – The Opened Book.
After taking several bookmaking classes with Anne, and making a number of blank books on my own, I was eager to create structures with something more inside. I felt initially intimidated by the notion, and had some reluctance to take the next step. Anne inspired me by presenting many suggestions for ways to enhance those pristine pages. Her generosity with her knowledge and ideas is one of the many things I love and admire about Anne.

The atmosphere in the sessions was relaxed, informal and supportive. I always felt very free to try out my own ideas and incorporate materials of my own choosing.

Anne offered helpful suggestions if I was stumped by a technical or artistic problem. In addition to the creative stimulation of her classes, there is always a good dose of laughter and fun. I would encourage anyone who is interested in bookmaking to try one of Anne’s workshops or classes."

~Donna Horn

"If you must take up bookbinding, start with a class conducted by Anne Elser. I took Bookbinding I at Binders, where the atmosphere was relaxed, materials needed were readily available as was the instructor's guidance. Anne is a gentle, encouraging teacher. She shares her expertise in a way that makes the student feel expanded, not constricted. I highly recommend her as an instructor in the art of making books."
~Kathleen D. Herndon

Calligraphy & Bookmaking Instructor

Binders Art Supply

“Anne is a great person to work with. She really knows what she is talking about and is an amazing artist.” June 16, 2009

Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Expert

Stuart Shapiro,
hired Anne as a Instructor in 2008

“Anne is an excellent instructor in both calligraphy and bookmaking. She is able to teach students at their individual skill levels, making the classes interesting and challenging. She helps those she instructs to develop their own creativity.” April 12, 2009

Top qualities: Personable, Expert, Creative

Donna Horn,
hired Anne as a instructor in 2009, and hired Anne more than once

No comments: