Saturday, February 19, 2011

Barbara Calzolari is Coming To Binders This Summer!




Earth-shaking news here for all of you inkers out there, of which I am one: Barbara Calzolari is coming to Atlanta this summer for a lecture and three-day workshop at Binders! More details soon as Binders releases them about specific dates, times and the processes she'll be exploring.



Last summer I took her Fractur workshop from the lovely FOTA Atlanta Calligraphy Guild and I can tell you she is amazing and her point of view is comes from a place of love, intention and movement. Probably movement being at the top of that list. She describes what she calls a "living letter" having a stem from which the flourish begins. I just love this metaphor. We all have a stem. And letters are but portraits of each of us.


Take a look at her site with all kinds of inspiring goodness. I am so excited I could burst. This will fill up fast - so when you hear word - sign up ASAP! This workshop will be exciting and new - a nod to the past with a contemporary bend - just like she is. And I swear - that's all I know. I am soooooo excited!

No comments: