Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ivy's Shadow


One of my PC students, Ivy McCleod, has a sweet tiny little doggie named Shadow. Ivy brings Shadow to class when she can and we all take turns petting and snuggling with her during class.

Last week Ivy presented some pretty awesome illustrations as part of her Creative Strokes systems book and this witty portrait she did of Shadow caught my eye. Such a fun thing to do - enhance scale in a humorous way - it just stretches the meaning of the portrait.

Ivy's portrait of Shadow is absolutely perfect and a really good example of why I teach (it's fun and inspiring not just for my students, but for me as well.)

2 comments:

Lisa Holtzman said...

Very cute simple illustration. Sounds like there's plenty of freedom and sharing in your classes!

Anne Elser said...

Very much.