Thursday, July 12, 2007


I took Anton to the doctor for his 9 month check up this week. He's looking' fine and everything's great. Every time I go, I get a little lesson on what kinds of changes to expect within the next couple of months.

"He'll start to crawl soon, if he hasn't already" says the doctor.

"...and then he'll begin walking. Bare feet have the best traction - so don't put him in shoes just yet. He's really too young for them."

Then he shakes his head, "Honestly. People who put their babies in shoes..."

And I just laugh nervously with him, checking to make sure Anton's $50.00 red leather sandals Nanny bought him are hidden deep within my purse.

Behold. These are JUST a few of Anton's shoes.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

One of the many pleasures of being a grandparent for me is to continue what my grandfather "Papa" did for me. When we visited him he took me the the very best shoe store and bought me the next size. Then he took his giant thumb and pressed it into the toe making certain that my little foot had enough room. Probablem was, his dent was permanent and touched down to my toe. I'd unlace my whole shoe to get my hand inside and bump out the dent. The repair was easily undone and I'd have to do it again and again. Next pair of shoes, 4 months later, I'd pray the giant thumb wouldn't appear. It always did and I thought it would hurt him if I told him. ....so I never did. He was a gentle, quiet man and I loved him.

Anne Elser said...

Great memory. That was Martin Anton Petterson Davnes!

Anonymous said...

I believe I may have rocked an identical pair of saddle shoes when I was a tiny cynic. In fact, I think I have them at the house somewhere. I wonder if they still fit? Anton and I could be twins.