Thursday, October 01, 2009

GOD NEVER CHANGES


Hi friends,

Please say a prayer for my grandmother and our family who surrounds her now as she prepares for death. She has pancreatic cancer and we're all at Emory by her side to guide her through it all. It is beautiful and painful and hard to watch.

I have wrapped my Angel scarf around her shoulders so she can feel its featherweight warmth.
It makes her smile.

This picture is of a Teresa of Avila quote that her mother, Dagney stitched up years ago. I've been reciting it over and over in my head.

I don't know how many days or weeks Nonie (Adele) has left, but I will keep you updated.

Your thoughts, prayers and love are most welcome.

Love to all,

~Anne

Let nothing disturb you,
Nothing affright you.
All things are passing.
God never changes.

~Saint Teresa of Avila

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Dear Anne, I know that sampler & quote so well. You, your parents, & Adele are in my prayers & thoughts at this transitional time. I love the "picture" of you floating the angel scarf around her...so loving, soft & comforting. You have such a wonderful family, & I treasure you all.