Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Left Orchid Lace Mitt Completed



With this deliciously yummy lace-weight wool from Uruguay called Malabrigo Yarn, I've completed the left mitt of Anne Hanson's Orchid Lace Mitts. Mind you, I have a toddler and actually began this project back in October. Though, I must admit, I took a break from knitting altogether after xmas - so maybe my timing isn't that bad.

I sit here in bed with Gunther at my feet, listening to Anton's soft breath through the baby monitor. It's been a sweet weekend. So wonderful to watch him grow and develop. The bond between us is getting stronger as he becomes more aware of himself - he looks to me for a mirror. It's quite a thing to be so intimately involved in another person's life. I know every nook and cranny of his body, his mood, his laughs and whimpers, every minute of every day of his life. And to think that someday I have to be strong enough to let him go is amazing to me. An exercise of true love. I will need a lot of grace.

No comments: