Thursday, April 19, 2007


~:H E A L I N G • L A U G H T E R:~
I read this wonderful article on Jeff Daniels in the April issue of Premiere magazine. I've never taken him seriously until now, even though Dumb and Dumber is one of my favorite films. What he has to say about fame, humor, truth and what REALLY matters - really moved me:
Premier:
"...how are you with the fact that many may remember you best as the guy with the runs in Dumb and Dumber?"
Jeff:
"Listen, over the weekend I saw soldiers at the Walter Reed hospital—no arms, faces blown up—and every single one of 'em quoted Dumb and Dumber. Later, I was told that those were the first words one guy had said in three days So that's my answer: "Absolutely, it was worth it."

Pretty amazing.

7 comments:

minus five said...

thanks for posting this. i think he's great. especially in the american classic, "dumb and dumber." there's never not a good time to put that movie in. my family still sings the mockingbird song and i still like to quote the blind kid, petey, "i just thought he was really quiet."

but yeah, it's always nice when somebody gives an unexpected answer that throws everything into perspective.

angie said...

i love this.

did you see The Squid and the Whale? I believe that is the name of it, about divorce and kids, he was great in it.

but nothing can top dumb and dumber . . .

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Anonymous said...

awesome.

love that movie.

Anne Elser said...

This post makes me rethink my priorities. It's amazing how humor can change things: open people up, heal, make you feel safe.

"...so you're tellin' me there's a chance!"

Anne Elser said...

BTW, Angie - have not seen the Squid and the Whale. I'll put that one in my netflix thingie.

Anonymous said...

jeff daniels is a pretty cool guy. he can do "dumb" stuff or serious and be good at both. I caught part of "the squid & the whale"...enjoyed it....HELL, I'll even forgive him for "Escanaba by da moonlight" and I live up dere in da U.P., eh!

maryk said...

yes. i agree. pls. see squid and the whale. LOVE it. and he is pretty much perfect.