Friday, April 06, 2007


~:B A B Y • S P A C E • F O O D:~

Anton is learning how to eat solids from a spoon. I never thought I'd be one of those earthy mothers who makes her own baby food, but once I tried it, I couldn't stop. His pediatrician said it was more "time consuming" than buying preparing baby food jars, but really - it couldn't be easier. I surprised myself at how easy it was.

If you have a pot of water and a hand mixer, that's all you need. For instance, to prepare carrots, simply boil them in water until they're soft and then purée them in a hand mixer or blender. Then pour the mix into an ice cube tray and freeze for later. When he's ready for lunch, pop a cube in the microwave for a few seconds, stir and eat, eat, eat! It's fun!

So far, we're up to yellow fruits and veggies. After 7 months, we'll be adding green to his menu. Here on Anton's plate are: Carrot, squash, banana, apple and pear.

Any questions?

No comments: