This weekend's workshop has 5 seats left and we need just one more seat for the workshop to make.
We'll be making two containers - one is a collapsable box with six sides.
They're great for mailing as a gift and I use them all the time to hold brushes and tools.
The other structure is a hinged lidded box. They can be dressed up or down and are tons of fun to make.
If you'd like to sign up online, do it before Thursday evening because that's when we'll cancel in case we need to.
PS: If you've gotten this e-mail more than once, sorry. I'm working on streamlining my mailing lists... time to get on the MailChimp train!
Holiday Gift Box Workshop With Anne Elser
Bookmaking Workshop with Anne Elser: Holiday Gift Boxes Saturday/Sunday Dec. 3rd-4th|11:00AM-4:30PM|Price: $205|Min. 3/Max.7
Make a Collapsable Container and a Keepsake Box in one weekend workshop. Both are made from chipboard covered with decorative Washi Paper and can be used to hold supplies, brushes, pens, q-tips, jewelry, gifts, trinkets, ribbon and more. Handouts supplied and hands on advice ready to help you with all the loving details needed to make your structures sound and beautiful. Make them for yourself or as a gift. Supplies needed can be purchased at Binders right before the workshop.
Suggested Supply List:
Shop with Anne the first half hour of class. E-mail her for questions: Anne@AnneElser.com.
- Lineco® medium-duty awl
- Lineco® bookbinding needles
- Lineco® bone folder
- 2-ply chipboard (30 x 40 sheet, cut into quarters)
- Washi Paper, 2 coordinating sheets
- This is decorative handmade paper that comes in many different patterns, textures and weights. Pick two sheets you like that are not tissue paper thin.
- Mechanical Pencil
- Exacto Knife & blades
- Self-healing cutting mat (at least 12 x 18)
- Stiff & springy glue brush
- Non-slip metal ruler
- Brushable Adhesive: 8oz tub of Acrylic Gel Medium or Sobo & Methyl Cellulose Mixture
Bring from Home
- Roll of Wax Paper
- Ribbon to consider using as a closure method for your lidded box.