Thursday, March 08, 2012

Filling in the book: Tommy Requiem



I am finally filling in some of the pages of the Tommy Requiem piece I'm creating for Reggie Ezell's 2012 Primitive to Modern Atlanta class. I have to say that it's much easier to draw letters on a full sheet of paper  where you can use your whole body as a kickstand for grounding, rather than filling in an already stitched book.



But I still think it's worth it. As I write, I use other surfaces as stilts to lean my arms and hands on that are more or less equal to the height of the spread that's open. Makes it much easier that way. This little book is pretty small, but hefty in its thickness.



I am using W&N Alizarine Crimson with some cad yellow mixed in for warmth. Really thinned with distilled water. The teal blue is the same brand, a tad of umber mixed with blue and white. Make a really lovely chicken egg teal.

I will write more later about why I used Sir Galahad's words to intro the book.






No comments: