Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mmmmm. Fall.

Just returned from a night of bookmaking and am too wired to go to bed. So here's a beelog!

I took these pictures of my beautiful boy with his beautiful grandmother last week. We had the first cold morning of the season and dressed Anton in our knitted baby gear. I knit the hat from an Interweave Knits pattern called Syncopated Caps and Mom knit the sweater from the book Simple Knits for Cherished Babies.

I have started knitting a new pair of mittens for him and another pair of lace fingerless mitts for me. Will post photos soon!

But here's a question for all you creatives. What, tell me WHAT should Anton be for Halloween? I was thinking a sperm would be very cute and funny until a friend asked me how I'd explain that to all the other neighborhood children. So then I thought a shriner would be ridiculous and fun. Make him a red fez, red vest and have him hold a bucket for his candy. I dunno. I dunno???

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

elsabelle said...

If Anton were just a bit smaller, I'd say go for thisLittle Trees man.

Or there's the giant-eared animal route, which always guarantees a high cuteness factor:
elephantitis or banana monkey

Anonymous said...

Put him in a white suit and tell people he's either

A) Jay Gatsby or
B) Tom Wolfe

If people accuse you of being too pretentious you can then opt for

C) The dude from Saturday Night Fever

Kevin M. Scarbrough said...

1) Cilantrobot
2) Octobot
3) Pumpkin Demon (sketch available roughly Monday)