Monday, January 09, 2006


~:K N I T * M E:~

Dougie Fresh has a new sailor cap thanks to the many chores he has done at home to allow more time for me to knit it for him. This is an easy 2x2 rib stitch pattern whose SSK decreases create the beautiful coiling star pattern at the top of the hat. The cuff/brim/whatever, can be rolled as loosely or tightly as you'd like. Doug's not a hat person, but he loves this one. He says all hats give him a headache as his head is larger than average (NOT kidding). But this one feels like he's not wearing anything. The wool is Cherry Tree sock yarn, knit on no. 2 circulars. The pattern is from Interweave Knits. I am now knitting a green lace stitch wrap for myself from the Interweave Press book "Wrap Style." There's a knit-along-blog for it here, which I want to post to soon.

~Anne

No comments: