Greeting Cards And Envelopes Calligraphy Workshop
With Anne Elser
Saturday - Sunday, April 21st & 22nd
Sat. 10:30am-4pm, Sun. 11:30am-4:30pm
Min 3 / Max 7 students
Create your own calligraphic design for whichever special greeting you wish to share most. Students will be given customized instruction on layout and technique using the materials they bring to class. We will be writing, flourishing, painting, stenciling, cutting windows, stamping and more!
Learn to create your own cards that are easy to reproduce at home by creating a template and adding layers of detail to the card in an enjoyable and systematic fashion. Emphasis will be placed on enhancing the meaning of your message in order to fully engage your audience.
Day two is spent finalizing the prototype of your chosen design and with it, a system of producing it. We will also create a perfect envelope template for your card.
Suggested Supply List:
• Set of at least 20 blank cards and envelopes you wish to practice on.
• Scrap Paper
• Arches Text Wove Paper
• Materials used to apply color such as watercolor, gouache, inks and stamps.
• Brushes, pens and pencils,
• Ruler, eraser and tape.
• A cover weight sheet of paper to create stencils with.
• Scissors, Exacto blade and cutting mat
• Calligraphy tools and inks.
• Sense of adventure and an open heart.