I've completed the planning of two new Holiday workshops at Binders Art Supply in Atlanta I'll be teaching this Fall. One's for the Bookbinding crowd, the other for Inkers (Calligraphers.) Signup on line will be available soon (you'll see a link to it here on my site) or you can contact Eli Pelizza (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Binders to sign up over the phone or by mailing a check.
Bookmaking Workshop with Anne Elser: Holiday Gift Boxes Saturday/Sunday Dec. 3rd-4th|11:00AM-4:30PM|Sale price for early enrollment: $190, Regular Price: $205|Min. 3/Max.7
Make a Collapsable Container and a Keepsake Box in one weekend workshop. Both are made from chipboard covered with decorative Washi Paper and can be used to hold supplies, brushes, pens, q-tips, jewelry, gifts, trinkets, ribbon and more. Handouts supplied and hands on advice ready to help you with all the loving details needed to make your structures sound and beautiful. Make them for yourself or as a gift. Supplies needed can be purchased at Binders right before the workshop.
Suggested Supply List:
Shop with Anne the first half hour of class. E-mail her for questions: Anne@AnneElser.com.
- Lineco® medium-duty awl
- Lineco® bookbinding needles
- Lineco® bone folder
- 2-ply chipboard (30 x 40 sheet, cut into quarters)
- Washi Paper, 2 coordinating sheets
- This is decorative handmade paper that comes in many different patterns, textures and weights. Pick two sheets you like that are not tissue paper thin.
- Mechanical Pencil
- Exacto Knife & blades
- Self-healing cutting mat (at least 12 x 18)
- Stiff & springy glue brush
- Non-slip metal ruler
- Brushable Adhesive: 8oz tub of Acrylic Gel Medium or Sobo & Methyl Cellulose Mixture
Bring from Home
- Roll of Wax Paper
- Ribbon to consider using as a closure method for your lidded box.