Sunday, October 10, 2010

Flash Books


I'll be presenting this new series of Hand-Bound Journals at Kai Lin Art's next exhibit, FLASH.

My Journals are taking a deeper turn towards specialness. Is that a word? Every page will be lined or loved with paint or pencil. Short sheets, envelopes and other flat materials will be incorporated into every signature and paginated by hand. Windows, reveals, windows and doors will create a sense of gentle action. All pages will invite the user to interact in some way - by writing, drawing or pasting. These are not perfect, stark white, wrinkle free pages that intimidate the user. They are all unique, tempting to the user to carry them further. "Please draw on me. Tell me what you're feeling. Fill me up. USE ME."


The covers are all calligraphic with statements taking right out of my sessions with Debra. They are all about creating something new and the awareness that comes with claiming responsibility for all that presents itself to you. Loving it all. Allowing all to happen. All to touch me.


A journal that moves one to change it further is something I've never seen before. I'm creating these pieces and the energy used to create something real and honest and of great value, will be echoed in the price tag. Moving my books into a new market from craft fair to fine stationer is mt next goal. You get the preview at Flash. :)

Man! Am I excited.

No comments: